- Place the FileSplitter folder extracted from the FileSplitter.zip file to any location you desire.
- You can edit the macro for code review from within SOLIDWORKS by selecting Tools, Macro, Edit. Browse to the location where you placed the FIleSplitter folder following this path \FileSplitter\SwMacro\ and select the FileSplitter.vbproj file.
- With a SOLIDWORKS part, assembly, or drawing open and active select Tools, Macro, Run.
- In the “Open” dialog box make sure the macro type is set as highlighted below
- Browse to the location where you placed the FileSplitter folder following this path \FileSplitter\SwMacro\bin\ and select the FileSplitter.dll file.
- The macro will then take the active document and create a new file in the same directory with a new name following this structure: original filename space hyphen space configuration/sheet name. It will warn you to overwrite if a file with that name already exists.
- Each of the new files will only contain one configuration/sheet with all of the others removed hence splitting the original file out into separate files for each configuration/sheet found in the original active document. No changes will be made to the active document itself.
The software/macro/customization is supplied “as is” and all use is at your own risk. GoEngineer disclaims all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to the features and functionality. Neither this agreement nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to neither express or imply any warranty that the operation of the software will be error‐free nor cause undesirable results on files that it is ran against. Under no circumstances shall GoEngineer be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to this agreement, the software, or users use or misuse of the software or any other services provided by GoEngineer. Such limitation of liability shall apply whether the damages arise from the use or misuse of the software or any other services supplied by GoEngineer (including such damages incurred by third parties), or errors of the software. Use of the software/macro/customization constitutes acceptance to this agreement.